(Adds analyst comments paragraphs 5, 7-8, other details, changes dateline from MEMPHIS, Tenn., adds byline) By Susan Kelly CHICAGO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc. , the largest U.S. automotive parts retailer, on Wednesday posted sharply higher quarterly earnings as more Americans performed repairs on their aging cars in a soft economy. AutoZone, which sells parts and accessories through more than 3,000 stores in the United States and Mexico, said net income in the fiscal fourth ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Aging vehicles drive AutoZone earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.