(Adds comments from Rep. Jim Nussle, U.S. Energy Secretary and American Petroleum Institute) By Tom Doggett WASHINGTON, June 27 (Reuters) - U.S. lawmakers on Thursday began hammering out compromise legislation to overhaul American energy policy for the first time in a decade, with Democrats warning that opening an Alaskan refuge to drilling would kill any final deal. Clashes are expected over the Republican-led House of Representatives' desire to allow drilling in the Arctic National ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Alaska drilling fight looming with energy bill" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.