(Recasts first sentence, adds company outlook, CFO, analyst comments, byline, updates share price. Previous dateline DETROIT) By Susan Kelly CHICAGO, July 24 (Reuters) - American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. on Wednesday reported a 43 percent profit increase on strong sales of light truck parts to top customer General Motors Corp. and raised its 2002 earnings goal. The parts supplier said improved productivity and a focus on cutting costs also bolstered earnings in the second ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-American Axle profit up on light truck sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.