(Adds detail on voting in eighth paragraph) By Soyoung Kim and Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, May 19 (Reuters) - Union workers at American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc on Monday began voting a quandary -- approve a contentious contract that cuts wages by more than a third, or reject it and risk losing even more. The United Auto Workers and Detroit-based supplier American Axle reached a tentative contract agreement late on Friday aimed at ending a 3-month-old strike that has idled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-American Axle workers begin voting on contract" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.