(Adds background, latest share move) TOKYO, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Japanese auto parts maker Asahi Tec Corp. will buy privately held U.S. rival Metaldyne Corp. in a deal worth about $1.3 billion, a source close to the matter said on Friday, sending Asahi Tec's shares up 21 percent. Asahi Tec said its board would decide on the acquisition later in the day. The source said Asahi Tec would also take on the Plymouth, Michigan-based company's debt, boosting the total cost of the acquisition to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Asahi Tec to buy Metaldyne for $1.3 bln-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642