(adds details, analyst comments) By Wendy Pugh MELBOURNE, July 31 (Reuters) - The world's second-largest diversified miner, Rio Tinto Ltd/Plc, posted a surprisingly weak first half profit on Thursday as strong iron ore sales were more than offset by a high Australian dollar and weaker coal earnings. Despite emerging signs of global economic upturn, the miner said it still believed a recovery in western markets was unlikely to be rapid. "A rally in the world economy towards the end of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Aussie dollar, coal hurt Rio Tinto H1 profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.