(Adds share price movement) DETROIT, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Auto dealer group CarMax Inc. raised its second-quarter earnings forecast on Tuesday, citing better-than-expected sales and showroom traffic. CarMax shares jumped more than 11 percent in pre-market trading on the news. Richmond, Virginia-based, CarMax said it now expected quarterly earnings of about 37 cents a share, up from its previous forecast for profit in the range of 29 cents to 34 cents. The increase was driven, at least ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Auto dealer CarMax ups quarterly profit forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.