(Adds worker protest, union comment) CHICAGO/MADRID, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Bankrupt U.S. auto parts maker Delphi Corp. said on Thursday it plans to close a plant in Spain that produces steering, suspension and bearings after significant operating losses over the last five years. The closure puts up to 1,650 jobs at risk and workers decided to stage a sit-in to oppose the closure, trade union CCOO said. Delphi did not say how many jobs would be affected, but said it would start talks with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Auto parts maker Delphi to shut Spain plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642