(Adds GM CFO's comment in paragraphs 14-16, new final paragraph with financing detail, updates prices throughout) DETROIT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Shares of automakers and automotive suppliers soared on Thursday after a surprising drop in jobless claims and rising hopes that U.S. new vehicle sales could top bleak expectations for November, analysts said. Shares of Ford Motor Co. surged $1.39, or 15.6 percent, to $10.32, while General Motors Corp. climbed $3.20, or 9.1 percent, to $38.50 on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Auto shares surge on hopes of strong sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.