(Adds cost saving, company comment) STOCKHOLM, March 17 (Reuters) - Autoliv , the world's biggest maker of vehicle safety air bags and seat belts maker will close a British assembly plant, cutting 520 jobs and taking $15 million in charges, amid fierce price pressures in the auto industry, it said on Thursday. The Swedish firm said it would phase out this year the plant in Havant, in southern England, due to a lack of future business in Britain. About 300 jobs would be moved to other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Autoliv to close UK plant, takes $15 mln charge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.