(Adds CEO comments, details, stock action, byline) By Ben Klayman DETROIT, April 24 (Reuters) - AutoNation Inc , the largest U.S. car dealership, on Thursday posted a lower-than-expected quarterly profit as the weak U.S. housing market hurt demand in the company's critical California and Florida markets. Net income in the first quarter fell 35 percent to $50.7 million, or 28 cents a share, from $77.6 million, or 37 cents a share, in the year-earlier quarter. Earnings from continuing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-AutoNation posts lower-than-expected profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.