* EPS from continuing ops $0.36; Street view $0.35 * Revenue down 15 pct to $2.9 billion * Cost-cutting, "Cash for Clunkers" boost results * Shares up 2 percent (Adds CEO remarks, outlook, details on impact from government incentive program, DETROIT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - AutoNation Inc , the largest U.S. auto retailer, posted a quarterly profit thanks to cost-cutting and the government's "Cash for Clunkers" incentive program and said it would target dealership acquisitions as the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-AutoNation posts profit on cost-cutting, Clunkers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.