* EPS excluding items $0.29 vs. Wall St view $0.25 * Sees gradual improvement in auto sales in second half * No. 1 auto dealership chain plans to increase inventory * Shares down 2.5 pct (Adds detail on share price) DETROIT, July 31 (Reuters) - Top U.S. auto dealer chain AutoNation Inc posted a 29 percent drop in quarterly earnings, but forecast an improving domestic vehicle market after slashing inventory costs and seeing a sharp gain in July sales. "The downward spiral has been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-AutoNation profit down, but improving market seen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.