(Recasts first sentence, adds CEO comments and share movement, other details, byline) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, July 24 (Reuters) - AutoNation Inc. , the nation's largest new and used vehicle dealer, said on Thursday second-quarter profit rose slightly thanks to cost cuts, and it raised its outlook for the year despite worries about the economy. "It remains a very difficult and challenging environment out there," AutoNation Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mike Jackson told Reuters. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-AutoNation raises outlook after qtrly earns rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.