(Adds quotes, stock price, byline) By Michael Ellis DETROIT, April 28 (Reuters) - Car dealership group AutoNation Inc. posted flat earnings on Thursday as cost-cutting initiatives largely offset weaker new car sales. AutoNation, the largest U.S. automotive retailer, said its first-quarter earnings from continuing operations totaled $88.3 million, or 33 cents per share, versus $88.5 million, or 32 cents per share, a year earlier. During the quarter, AutoNation repurchased $95 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-AutoNation's earnings flat, new cars sales slip" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642