(Adds details, share price, CEO comments and byline) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, July 28 (Reuters) - Car dealership Group AutoNation Inc.'s profit more than doubled, aided by strong parts and service business and a large gain from the resolution of a tax audit. The largest U.S. automotive retailer said second-quarter net earnings rose to $194.8 million, or 73 cents a share, from $92.1 million, or 34 cents a share in the year-earlier quarter. Income from continuing operations for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-AutoNation's profit more than doubles on tax ruling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.