* Q3 EPS $3.13/shr vs est $2.89/shr * Q3 sales up 9 pct * Shares down 2.2 pct (New throughout) BOSTON, May 27 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc reported a 9 percent rise in profit that beat consensus estimates as a slumping economy led more Americans to repair their existing cars instead of buying new ones. Shares of the largest U.S. auto parts retailer fell 2.2 percent in premarket trading on Wednesday, with analysts noting that investors expected more from the company after a string of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-AutoZone profit rises, but shares decline" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642