(Recasts, adds details from conference call, analyst's remarks, background, stock activity, dateline, byline) By David Bailey CHICAGO, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker BorgWarner Inc. on Friday said it would slash 13 percent of its North American work force and cut its 2006 earnings forecast, becoming the latest U.S. supplier to warn that a slump in orders from Detroit-based automakers would hurt results. Shares of BorgWarner fell almost 4 percent on Friday, touching their lowest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-BorgWarner cuts outlook, jobs on US vehicle slump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.