(Recasts with company and analyst comments, details) By Daniel Hauck TOKYO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Japan's largest tyre maker, Bridgestone Corp , said on Friday it will build a third tyre factory in China at a cost of $99 million, continuing its aggressive expansion since bouncing back from a recall scandal. The radial tyre plant for cars, to be built in the city of Wuxi in Jiangsu Province, would go on line in September 2004 with production capacity of 8,000 tyres a day, it said. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Bridgestone to build third tyre plant in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.