(Adds analyst comment, share reaction for European tyre makers) By Edwina Gibbs TOKYO, June 27 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp. , Japan's biggest tyre maker, on Tuesday slashed its annual profit forecast for the current year by 35 percent, saying the rising costs of natural rubber, oil and other raw materials would hurt more than expected. Also citing a special loss related to the closure of a U.S. plant in Oklahoma city, Bridgestone said it was now likely to make 65 billion yen ($561 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Bridgestone cuts 2006 profit forecast by 35 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642