(Updates with president comments, details) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp reported a doubling in net profit in 2003 on Friday but forecast a decline this year citing a strong yen, higher rubber prices and a fire-induced output reduction. The results were better than Bridgestone's typically conservative forecasts, which were lowered in September after a fire, ablaze for two days, destroyed 165,000 tyres and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Bridgestone net doubles but sees fire hurting in 04" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.