(Recasts; adds details) By David Bailey and Karen Padley CHICAGO, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp.'s U.S. unit on Thursday said it was recalling nearly 300,000 Firestone tires after at least three fatal crashes involving Ford's Excursion sports utility vehicle. The action is the company's largest recall since a series of rollover accidents, also involving Ford vehicles, forced it to replace millions of its Wilderness tires in 2000. The voluntary recall involves 297,000 Steeltex ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Bridgestone to replace 297,000 Steeltex tires" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.