(Adds earnings revision, details) TOKYO, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Bridgestone Corp , Japan's biggest tyre maker, said on Wednesday damage from a recent fire at one of its nine domestic plants would shave around 2.5 percent off its group net profit this year. Bridgestone now expects the profit to total 78 billion yen for 2003 instead of the 80 billion yen it forecast last month. It said the Tochigi plant, which accounts for 13 percent of Bridgestone's Japanese output, would not resume full ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Bridgestone says fire to cut 2003 profit by 2.5%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.