(Recasts throughout with comments, details from news conference) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp. posted a 7.9 percent rise in 2004 operating profit on Friday but forecast a drop this year anticipating massive pressure from higher raw material prices. Bridgestone, which dominates the world tyre market with France's Michelin and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. of the United States, has been scrambling to add ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Bridgestone sees 2005 profit fall on material costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.