* Autolib project offers cars for 4-8 euros a day * Paris hopes to duplicate success of Velib bike-sharing scheme * Aiming for 3,000 vehicles in 2012 * Seeks to unclog congested boulevards (Recasts lead, adds detail) By Elena Berton PARIS, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Paris launches its first car-sharing project next week with the aim of clearing its traffic-clogged boulevards and delivering what its backers hope will be a major boost for electric vehicles. The Autolib system builds on the success ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Bubble car jolt for Paris electric car-share scheme" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.