* Cuts prices by up to 19.3 percent * Move may boost volume but will hurt margins - analyst * BYD shares fall 2 pct, price war looms in lower-end segment (Recasts with analyst comment) By Alison Leung HONG KONG, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Warren Buffett-backed Chinese carmaker BYD Co Ltd slashed prices of five models by up to one-fifth, fuelling concerns it would spark a price war in the lower segment of the world's largest auto market. BYD said the price cut was to gain market share, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Buffett-backed BYD slashes car prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642