(Adds bylines, analyst comment, background) By Ilaina Jonas and Polly Yam NEW YORK/HONG KONG, Sept 26 (Reuters) - MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co, a unit of U.S. billionaire investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc , said it would pay $230 million for a 10 percent stake in Chinese rechargeable battery firm BYD Co Ltd to support its 'green' technologies. The deal gives MidAmerican a foothold in the Hong Kong-listed company which is developing electric-hybrid cars it expects to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Buffett unit buys stake in HK battery firm BYD" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642