* H1 net profit 16.3 mln yuan vs 275.4 mln yuan yr-ago * H1 sales flat at 22.6 bln yuan * BYD shares down 2.8 pct in HK ahead of results BEIJING, Aug 27 (Reuters) - BYD Co Ltd , a Chinese carmaker backed by billionaire investor Warren Buffett, posted a 94 percent drop in first-half earnings, underperforming most of its rivals as sales sagged and its solar energy business lost money. The outlook remains challenging as China's autos ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-BYD H1 net plunges, blames weak sales, economy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.