(Adds details on new investment in paragraphs 8-10) HONG KONG, Aug 19 (Reuters) - BYD Corp , one of China's top makers of batteries for cellphones and laptop computers, said on Tuesday its first-half profit rose by 27 percent, as revenue soared on strong demand from mobile phone makers. BYD, whose customers include handset giants Nokia , Motorola and Ericsson , posted a net profit of 325 million yuan (US$39.3 million) for the first half of 2003 through June, compared with 256 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-BYD profit rises in H1 on China mobile phone boom" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.