(Updates share price) HONG KONG, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Shares of Chinese battery maker BYD Co Ltd were down more than 20 percent in Thursday afternoon trade, reflecting investor scepticism about the firm's plan to buy control of a mainland car maker. BYD shares were down 21.39 percent at HK$14.15 at 3:06 p.m. (1506 GMT), erasing all of their gains in the past month. "The market doesn't seem to like the deal," said Ben Kwong, associate director at brokers KGI Asia Ltd. "There are concerns ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-BYD shares plunge over 20 pct on plan to buy car maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.