(Adds quotes, background) By David Ljunggren OTTAWA, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Canada said on Friday it was close to signing a voluntary pact with major automobile makers to cut emissions and made it clear it was rejecting calls to impose binding limits. A representative for the manufacturers also expressed optimism the deal could be signed soon but said the two sides had not reached an agreement on every issue. Ottawa says that by 2010 it wants car makers to reduce emissions by 25 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada close to emissions deal with car makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642