(Recasts, updates currency, adds comments) By Gilbert Le Gras OTTAWA, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Canada's core inflation rate rose to 1.9 percent in July from 1.7 percent in June, which analysts said on Tuesday further raised the odds of a central bank interest rate hike in two weeks. Statistics Canada said overall inflation slid to 2.3 percent in July from 2.5 percent in June, on a slight easing in tight global supplies of oil for the second month in a row. "With core inflation effectively ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada core inflation rises, ups rate hike odds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.