(Adds analysts, market reaction, detail) By Louise Egan OTTAWA, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Canadian factory shipments of vehicles plunged in December to their lowest level in over a decade, pushing overall manufacturing sales down by more than expected and painting a gloomy outlook for growth. Manufacturing sales tumbled 3.4 percent in December, a sign the U.S. economic slowdown is biting hard and cementing expectations the Bank of Canada will cut interest rates by 50 basis points in March. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada Dec factory sales tumble, autos sag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642