(Adds analyst comments, market reaction, details) By Louise Egan OTTAWA, March 25 (Reuters) - Consumer spending in Canada showed no sign of slowing in January as retail sales posted a third straight month of big gains thanks to a cut in the sales tax and an appetite for new passenger cars. Statistics Canada reported a 1.5 percent jump in January retail sales on Tuesday, beating analysts' expectations of a 1.2 percent increase and following a revised 0.8 percent gain in December. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada Jan retail sales jump on autos, weather" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642