(Adds analysts, market reaction, background) By Louise Egan OTTAWA, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Soaring gasoline prices drove Canada's inflation rate in July to its highest in more than five years, but the upswing was widely expected and did little to change the view that the central bank will keep interest rates on hold in September. The annual inflation rate quickened to 3.4 percent in July from 3.1 percent in June, the highest rate since March 2003, Statistics Canada said on Thursday. But ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada July inflation rate highest since 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.