(Adds market reaction, analysts' comment) By Luke McCann OTTAWA, April 22 (Reuters) - Canada's annual inflation rate in March met market expectations, rising to 2.3 percent from 2.1 percent in February, reinforcing beliefs that the Bank of Canada will raise interest rates in the second half of 2005. Statistics Canada said on Friday that the higher annual inflation rate in March was due mainly to higher gasoline prices, which were up 11.2 percent from March 2004. The Bank of Canada's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada March annual inflation rate up to 2.3 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.