By Lynne Olver and Janet Guttsman TORONTO, April 26 (Reuters) - Canada promised curbs on air pollution and a new approach to greenhouse gas emissions on Thursday in a plan the government says will slow, then reverse the rise in output of pollutants blamed for global warming. The Conservative government said its proposals will bring greenhouse gas emissions 20 percent below 2006 levels by 2020. Industry will be responsible for 60 megatonnes of the planned 150-megatonne cut in emissions. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada promises pollution curbs, emission cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.