(Adds market, analyst reaction) By Randall Palmer OTTAWA, Feb 21 (Reuters) - The Canadian Christmas shopping season was surprisingly weak, according to Statistics Canada figures released on Monday, which heightened expectations the Bank of Canada will stand pat on interest rates for some time. December retail sales fell by 1.4 percent, much more than the 0.1 percent fall analysts had expected, and following a drop in November of 0.1 percent. The figures are adjusted for seasonal ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada registered damp Christmas shopping season" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642