(Adds details, quotes) OTTAWA, March 30 (Reuters) - Canada said on Monday that current plans set out by the Canadian branches of General Motors Corp and Chrysler LLC [CBS.UL] do not go far enough to make them viable, but it offered C$4 billion ($3.2 billion) in bridge loans to tide the companies over while they restructure. The federal government and the provincial government of Ontario will close an interim financing deal with Chrysler on Monday for C$1 billion, advancing C$250 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada rejects Chrysler, GM plans, but offers loans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.