* Sharp drop ends rally that started in early 2009 * March's rise accentuated April drop - Statscan * Market still largely anticipates July rate hike (Adds details, quotes) By David Ljunggren OTTAWA, June 23 (Reuters) - Canadian retail sales in April dropped by a much sharper than expected 2.0 percent from March, but analysts cautioned against drawing too many conclusions, saying the retreat could well be a one-off. The median forecast in a Reuters poll was for a 0.4 percent drop ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada retail sales drop, but could be a one-off" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.