(Adds details) By Louise Egan OTTAWA, April 30 (Reuters) - Canada's economy grew faster than expected in February as the energy sector expanded at its fastest rate in nearly four years, increasing the chances of an eventual Bank of Canada interest rate hike. Statistics Canada reported on Monday that gross domestic product expanded 0.4 percent in February, double the average forecast of analysts in a Reuters poll and up sharply from 0.1 percent in January. The economy grew 2.1 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada surprises with strong Feb economic growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.