(Adds details and comments) OTTAWA, March 23 (Reuters) - Canada's annual inflation rate rose to 2.1 percent in February from 2.0 percent in January, meeting market expectations and cementing the idea that the Bank of Canada will not rush to raise interest rates. Statistics Canada said on Wednesday that the year-on-year increase in consumer prices was due mainly to higher gasoline prices. The Bank of Canada, which targets inflation at the mid-point of a range of 1 to 3 percent, next ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada's inflation benign, quick rate hikes unlikely" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.