* Fifth straight month of economic growth * Gains led by manufacturing, construction, wholesale * Analysts raise first-quarter growth forecasts * Pressure mounts on Bank of Canada to raise rates (Adds market reaction, analysts' comments) By Louise Egan OTTAWA, March 31 (Reuters) - A surge in manufacturing, construction and wholesale activity in January sets the stage for another quarter of sizzling growth in Canada and builds the case for the central bank to raise lending rates ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canada's strong January growth fuels rate hike talk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.