(Adds analysts' comments) By Gilbert Le Gras OTTAWA, April 27 (Reuters) - Canada's retail trade notched up its biggest gain in six years in February, rising 2.3 percent from January on surging auto sales, Statistics Canada said on Tuesday. Analysts had forecast, on average, a 1.0 percent increase from January and Statscan revised January's rise to 1.7 percent from a preliminary estimate of 1.6 percent. "This strong February number comes on top of January's firm 1.7 percent gain, so ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Canadian February retail soars 2.3 percent on autos" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642