* Tesla shares up 10.3 pct from IPO price in afternoon * Trades on Nasdaq under symbol 'TSLA' * Sedan is reason Tesla is unprofitable -CEO * Tesla first carmaker to have IPO since Ford's 1956 debut * Tesla not expecting profits until at least 2012 (Adds analyst comments, other details, updates share prices) By Jonathan Spicer and Poornima Gupta NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO, June 29 (Reuters) - Shares of electric carmaker Tesla Motors Inc opened nearly 12 percent above their initial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Carmaker Tesla's stock revs higher on first day" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.