* Q2 EPS $0.46 vs $0.06 year-ago * Q2 sales up 13 pct, comp sales up 8 pct * Shares rise 11 pct (Recasts; adds conference call details, analyst comment; updates share movement) By A. Ananthalakshmi BANGALORE, Sept 22 (Reuters) - CarMax Inc , the largest U.S. retailer of used cars, posted better-than-expected quarterly results, as customer traffic trends improved with the help of the cash-for-clunkers program and its finance unit recorded a one-time gain. Shares of the company were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-CarMax Q2 results above expectations; shares up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.