(Adds stock price in final paragraph) DETROIT, March 31 (Reuters) - Auto retailer CarMax Inc. on Monday said its fourth-quarter net earnings were essentially flat over a year ago, as harsh winter weather hurt sales, but issued an upbeat forecast for the first quarter. In trading early on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange, CarMax shares were up 47 cents or 3.31 percent at $14.66. CarMax said it earned $19.1 million, or 18 cents per share in the quarter ended Feb. 28, vs. $18.4 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-CarMax says weather weighed on quarterly profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.