(Adds details, quotes and byline; previous NEW YORK) By James B. Kelleher TUCSON, March 30 (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc. , the U.S. heavy machinery giant, said on Thursday it plans to produce a new line of mining trucks with Japan's Mitsubishi Electric Corp. that will use electric rather than mechanical drives. Chris Curfman, the president of the company's global mining division, called the push into a technology Caterpillar has largely eschewed "the largest mining truck program" in its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Caterpillar expands line of mining trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.