(adds detail, comment from unit CEO, analyst comment, byline) By Julie MacIntosh NEW YORK, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Real estate and travel services giant Cendant Corp. said on Tuesday that it will rid itself of up to 7 percent of its hotel rooms and cut its hotel staff by 130 jobs in a bid to boost the overall quality of that business. At the same time, Cendant has reached a deal with the creditors of Budget Group Inc. to buy the bankrupt car rental agency for $107.5 million in cash and will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Cendant to discard lower quality hotels, cut staff" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642