(Adds details on sale, byline) By David Bailey CHICAGO, March 28 (Reuters) - Private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP has agreed to buy bankrupt U.S. auto parts maker Tower Automotive Inc. in a deal valued at about $1 billion, the company said. Tower, a maker of autobody frames that filed for bankruptcy protection in February 2005, said the sale requires U.S. Bankruptcy Court approval and is subject to an auction should other investors submit qualified bids. Bids would be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Cerberus to buy bankrupt Tower Automotive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.